Friday 13 March 2015

Prom/Graduation Dress Inspiration

March may well seem too early for this post, but I've noticed recently that people are actually starting to think about, or even starting to buy, their outfits for upcoming Proms or Graduations.
Unfortunately I have no reason whatsoever to buy a fancy new dress, so I thought a blog post would be the perfect excuse to have a little browse on the internet and admire pretty clothes. 
When I was looking for my prom dress in 2013, I actually found it really difficult to find anything I was that keen on or that was even prom appropriate, and ended up in a dress that I did like, but wasn't over the moon about. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that there is a lot more choice around nowadays so I thought it would be nice to gather some of my favourites and put them all in one convenient place for those of you with an event coming up in the near future. 
Many of these dresses are from Asos, which I would definitely recommend for any kind of occasion dress, because they just have such a huge collection that is constantly being added to, and also free delivery and returns, which makes the possibility of it not fitting a lot less daunting.
I appreciate that some of the dresses I've chosen are very expensive, but they were just too pretty not to include! I tried to pick out a range of styles and colours here so hopefully there's something for everyone.


Pastels | Florals
 
prom 1

 






Sparkle | Shimmer

prom 2

 







Monochrome

prom 3

 



 
 
 
Colour | Brights
 
prom 4

 

4 comments:

  1. I love these dresses, the monochrome ones are my favs,

    http://crazy4ties.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pastel and floral ones. They seem perfect for spring and summer.
    I remember shopping for prom dresses but I didn't like any that I found in shops and buying online seemed like a bit of a hassle. I actually found my prom dress in a charity shop. To me it was perfect, the right colour, fitted well, and was only £10. Although prom is exciting and a meaningful day, it is not the most important, it's more just about having fun.
    People searching for dresses this year will find this post really helpful, you've chosen some lovely dresses with a wide variety.
    Emily
    http://dreamuphappiness.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too, I think they're my favourites out of all of them :)
    wow that's amazing! perfect example that you don't always need to spend a fortune on prom.
    thank you and I hope it's helpful Xx

    ReplyDelete