Monday 19 January 2015

Mac's Velvet Teddy | Worth the Hype?

Ahh, Velvet Teddy. Beloved-Kylie-Jenner-esque, Velvet Teddy.
Ever since the brown toned nude lipstick look has made a comeback, it seems that anyone remotely interested in makeup, either already owns and worships it, or is desperate to get their hands on it.

This is my first and only mac lipstick. I'm not claiming to be some kind of makeup artist, and you've probably seen hundreds of reviews of it already, but here it is from an unexperienced teenager's point of view:  

The first thing that made me love this lipstick is how, as the name suggests, it really does make your lips appear velvety and soft. Sometimes when I look in the mirror with this on, I genuinely just want to stroke my lips, they look that good. As a matte I kind of expected it to make them look dry and bring out the cracks and lines, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The second thing is obviously the colour. I'm not even going to try and describe it because I know I won't get it right, but hopefully you can see from the pictures just how pretty it is.
I think the reason I love the colour so much is that first of all it goes with everything, and also that, although it's pink, it's not too much on the girly side. I have no idea why, but since forever, I've had almost a phobia of looking too girly (the reason I dress like a hobo 99% of the time), so I find this is the perfect compromise. 






I'm not one to go for really hyped up products, so I'm glad that I did find this back in June before it became so popular because I feel like if not, I might have not given it go just because everyone else has it. So if you're ones of those people too, I recommend just swallowing your pride and giving it a go.  Because as much as it pains me to say this, it really is worth the hype.

6 comments:

  1. The colour is really nice, I think I might actually give it a go! I've nominated you for the liebster award because you have such a lovely blog, here's the link:
    http://dreamuphappiness.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/liebster-award.html
    Emily
    http://dreamuphappiness.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely colour! I really want to get my hands on some mac lipstick.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do, I definitely recommend going for this one! X

      Delete
  3. This is such a lovely shade for a nude lipstick! I also really like Patisserie by MAC as it's a great 'my lips but better' colour! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I really like the look of patisserie, maybe I should give it a go ! Xx

      Delete